Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Celebrating Seven Years of Nesting!



This weekend marked our 7th anniversary of The Nest Egg's opening -- wow! My mom called to congratulate us on the anniversary this weekend and said when she read about it in our email newsletter that she couldn't believe it had been 7 years. I can't either . . .there aren't many things I've done for 7 straight years so it seems like a long time. I was once at a job for 4 years and it felt like a lifetime.


So much has happened over the past 7 years with our store but we truly have learned an enormous amount along the way and we are so happy with the store as it is now, with our FABULOUS staff (we couldn't be luckier) and of course our wonderful customers. Many of our customers have been with us since day one when it was just my husband and I working at the store. We opened on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. I was wearing totally unreasonable retail attire (heels and off white pants . . .not the smartest choice considering we have stained concrete floors and we open crazy amounts of cardboard boxes every day) and was just hoping I could remember how to work the register. Seven years and many much more comfortable pairs of shoes later (Colehaan's Nike Air flats are my new best friend), here we are.


To celebrate our anniversary we sent our email customers a coupon for 20% off of one full priced item in the store and would love to share it with our blog readers as well. We hope you'll also enjoy our newsletter as we included a section on our pricing philosophy. This is something we've held true to since we opened and we were happy to be able to articulate it to our customers.


Enjoy and cheers to you for helping us achieve seven years of a dream!

1 comment:

  1. All I want in this room is the mirror. :) Beautiful photo you ahve shared.

    Philippine properties

    ReplyDelete