I've just now come to accept that the blog will fall by the wayside during the last few months of each year and the beginning of the next. Last year I was MIA from the blog during the same time and talked about it in my first post of 2012 which also happened to be in February. So from now on, I'll just accept a little departure for 4-5 months during our busiest time of year at the store until the time comes when there are more hands on deck and we aren't all wearing so many hats (lots of euphemisms there).
To kick off the beginning of our 2013 posts, I thought I'd do a little recap of what I might have posted about during the last 4-5 months. We look forward to getting back into the swing of posting!
1. Our October Trip to High Point was full of wonderful finds, including these fabulous lamps from Jamie Young.
2. In December we were invited to decorate a mantel for the Oakton Design House. This is a picture of our before and after.
3. Arrivals from Sugarboo that we found at the Atlanta market in January.
4. Our first Christmas Tree of the season was up in late October!
5. This year we introduced the headboard program from Lee Industries. So many options to create the perfect look for your bedroom.
6. Spicy Apple Candles from Rosy Rings always signify the beginning of fall when they arrive.
7. Our unofficial store mascot, Clyde, dressed and ready to go for Halloween.
8. The Spring 2013 introduction from Sid Dickens at the Atlanta market.
9. Emerald, Pantone's 2013 color of the year was incorporated into many design styles at market.
10. Our store manager Jenny with our friend Aladdin on the magic carpet at the Atlanta Market.
11. We went a little pillow crazy in Atlanta and this is just one of the new collections we've brought in.
12. We ended one of our days in Atlanta with a visit from Llama Llama Red Pajama.
13. One of our fall in store vignettes featuring the seasonal colors of brown and orange.
14. We introduced the Gat Creek line of domestic made furniture to the store (coffee table shown here) at the end of the year.